Research Involving SSC@IAN Families
Are you curious what your fellow Simons Simplex Community families are doing? Some of them continue to contribute to autism research through their involvement in ongoing projects at hospitals and universities in the United States. You will be contacted directly if you qualify for a particular study. Also, see the list of articles about scientific discoveries made with the help of SSC families.
Current research projects, locations and researchers
- Research is happening at SSC@IAN! The sponsors of the original SSC project are seeking updates on your family, and you can participate entirely online at IAN Research.
Studies recently completed involving SSC@IAN families
- Parent's Perceptions and Family Stress: Impact on Treatments Sought for Children with ASD, University of Houston, Dr. Mire
- Assessment of Biochemical Pathways and Biomarker Discovery in Autism Spectrum Disorder; University of California, San Francisco, Dr. Sherr
Results of research Made Possible by Simons Simplex Families
Researchers have studied a variety of questions using the Simons Simplex data. This is autism research made possible by you. Read about the latest findings here.
- The Fight for Tony: SSC families contributed to the discovery of a new autism syndrome caused by a change to the ADNP gene.
- A New Look at Sensory Symptoms in Autism: Is it One or Two?
- Conflicting Pictures Emerge of Autism in Girls
- Families Face Autism Stigma, Isolation reports on the experiences of SSC@IAN families.
- What Causes GI Problems in Autism? A look at GI bacteria by Dr. Ellen Li
- Strange Bedfellows: The Link between Sleep and Gastrointestinal Problems in Autism
- Are Girls with Autism Hiding in Plain Sight?
- Webinar on the Views of Parents and Scientists about Autism
- What Does it Mean to Have Just a Hint of Autism?
- Scientists Start with One Gene in Hunt for Autism Subtype: SSC families play a crucial role in the search for a subtype of autism.
- What We Know About Autism: A TED Talk Featuring SSC Research and IAN
- SSC: Revealing the Genetic Underpinnings of Autism
- Daily Living Skills: A Key to Independence for People with Autism
- Rethinking Head Size in Autism: Scientists question statistics on "early brain overgrowth"
- More Children with Autism Learn to Speak than Previously Believed
- Deletion of Gene Could Increase Risk of Autism
- Redefinition: Autism, Asperger's, and the DSM-5
- Simons Simplex Collection: The Key to Findings in Three Major Autism Genetics Studies
- New Research on Children with ASD and Aggression
- Searching in a "Smaller Haystack" Leads to Promising Findings in Autism Genetics
- Striking Differences in the Social Brain Found in Children with ASD, "Unaffected" Siblings, and Typical Children
- Friendship, Internalizing Symptoms, and ASD: Researchers Explain Their Findings